Our Insider Experience
- Take in the breathtaking views of Sigiriya rock, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world.
- See some of the world‘s most majestic and rare creatures as you trek through Hiriwadunna.
- Admire the perfectly preserved architecture in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
Request More Details
Day 1: Colombo to Negombo
On arrival in Colombo be transferred to Negombo. Overnight at Goldi Sands.
Day 2: Negombo to Anuradhapura
Travel to Anuradhapura and take a tour of the city’s ancient ruins. Admire Sri Maha Bodhi, the oldest documented fig tree in the world. Overnight at Palm Garden Village Anuradhapura. (B)
Day 3: Anuradhapura to Sigiriya
This morning, venture to Sigiriya and enjoy a half day tour to the ancient town of Polonnaruwa. Stay the next two nights at Hotel Sigiriya. (B)
Day 4: Sigiriya
Drive to nearby Sigiriya, Sir Lanka’s most iconic attraction. This dramatic rock fortress shelters some fine religious and royal artworks and architecture. Those fit enough to climb the 2,000 plus stairs to the top will enjoy sweeping views. Wander through the ancient ruins of the city that was. Later, venture to Hiriwadunna where you will trek through the archetypal village. (B)
Day 5: Sigiriya to Kandy
En route to Kandy, stop at Dambulla Cave Temple. The hilltop temple complex consists of five caves that have been converted to shrines. The temples offer spectacular views from the top and are filled with an array of Buddha statues and paintings. Stay the next two nights at OZO Kandy. (B)
Day 6: Kandy
Discover Kandy on a full day city tour including the beautiful Peradeniya Botanical Garden. Later this evening, visit one of the most important Buddhist artefacts at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. (B)
Day 7: Kandy to Colombo
Venture through the beautiful countryside to Colombo. On arrival, discover the fascinating sites of Colombo as you take a half day tour through the commercial area of Fort, the noisy bazaar of Pettah or Pitakotuwa and the Wolvendaal Dutch Church. Drive through Cinnamon Gardens, Colombo’s upmarket residential area. Overnight at OZO Colombo. (B)
Day 8: Colombo
Enjoy breakfast before being transferred to the airport for your onward journey. (B)
- 7 nights 4 star hotel accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Touring
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fees (except camera fees)
- Return airport transfers to accommodation
- Meals as indicated(B= breakfast, D= dinner)
Specification: Spirit Of Sri Lanka