Our Insider Experience
- Journey over several of Bhutan‘s scenic passes, and witness spectacular Himalayan views.
- Drive out of Paro to the highest road pass in the country at nearly 4,000 meters above sea level,enjoying superb scenery,villages and monasteries.
- Take short rural walks into villages and scenic areas of mountain valleys.
Request More Details
Day 1: Paro to Thimphu
On arrival in Paro be transferred to Thimphu. Overnight in Thimphu. Stay the next two nights at Hotel Namgay Heritage.
Day 2: Thimphu
Embark on a scenic walk to Tango monastery which is situated north of Thimphu. Continue on to Folk Heritage Museum, the Museum is dedicated to connect people with the rich Bhutanese Folk heritage through exhibits, and educational programs. (BLD)
Day 3: Thimphu to Punakha
Travel on the scenic east-west National Highway crossing Dochula, the first of several Himalayan passes on your journey through Bhutan. The scenery on these winding roads is superb with rhododendron forests and terraced fields. Stay the next two nights at Meri Puensum Resort. (BLD)
Day 4: Punakha
Embark on a walking tour to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten, built to remove negative forces and promote peace. Later, visit Chimi Lhakhang. This temple is also known as
the temple of fertility. It is widely believed that couples who do not have children and pray at this temple will be blessed with
a child. (BLD)
Day 5: Punakha to Paro
After a leisurely breakfast, drive to Paro.The beautiful valley of Paro encapsulates a rich culture, scenic beauty and hundreds of myths and legends. Upon arrival, visit Ta Dzong, the National Museum of the Kingdom. Afterwards, walk down a hillside trail to visit Rinpung Dzong before visiting a traditional farm house. Stay the next two nights at Tashi Namgay Resort. (BLD)
Day 6: Paro
Venture to Paro Taktsang, also known as the Tiger Nest, which is one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries, perched on a cliffs edge. (BLD)
Day 7: Paro
Enjoy breakfast before being transferred to the airport for your onward journey. (B)
- 6 nights 4 star hotel accommodation
- Bhutan Visa
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Touring
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fees (except camera fees)
- Return airport transfers to accommodation
- Meals as indicated(B= breakfast, D= dinner)
Specification: The Last Shangri-La